Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pizza dough g-free

Modified from g-free mommy's recipe;

1/4 cup millet flour (I want to try amaranth, but used soy. could use almond also).

3/4 cup white rice flour (or use a mixture of brown rice and white rice flour) (I used white + soy + tapioca 1/4 c each)

1/4 cup sweet rice flour (this is the glutinous sticky rice flour)

1/4 cup arrowroot starch (or use cornstarch or tapioca starch) (I used tapioca and potato)

1/2 cup tapioca flour (I used potato/tapioca)

2 teaspoons xanthan gum

3/4 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar

1 teaspoon sugar for proofing yeast

2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

3/4 cup warm water, (heated to 115 -120 degrees)

2 Tablespoons ricotta cheese (for casein free try almond meal) (I used the cheese)

2 eggs

2 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil

1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar (I used rice vinegar)

1 Tablespoon Honey


I did the yeast proofing first, but it rised really high. May wait and do it after combining flours because measuring those out took so long.

So, combine dry ingredients.

Proof yeast.

Combine Wet ingredients (eggs, oil, vinegar, honey, cheese)

Add Wet to dry. Stir. Add yeast mixture. Add water.

Spread oil on pan (I used shortening). Makes one big pan. I spread with oil on my fingers, but the dough was a little wet, so I added potato starch to the top and that worked out fine. Difficult to get brown on a pan though. Dough stays soft. Prebaked for 10 minutes. Let sit. Add sauce, cheese, toppings, put back in. Temp was 350 for prebake, and 375 for last part.


No comments: